COVID-19 SHOP CLOSURE
Sadly we have taken the decision to close our two charity shops from the end of this Saturday 21st March. It’s absolutely the right thing to do as the safety of our staff, volunteers and shoppers comes first. Some of our volunteers are elderly, and especially vulnerable to the infection, and we are acutely conscious of our responsibilities towards them. We have taken measures to secure the premises during the period of closure. We very much intend to re-open both shops and look forward to seeing you all again soon.
We have two Harington Charity Shops clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery, books, children’s toys, CDs, DVDs and bric-a-brac.
As well as raising vital funds for Harington, our shops provide valuable work experience for some of our learners whose goal is a career in the retail sector.
The Harington Charity Shop on Archway Road is open seven days a week:
The new Harington Charity Shop on Hornsey High Street is
To make a donation please visit the shops during opening hours. We welcome donations of the following items:
- Good quality, clean clothing
- Jewellery and accessories
- Music (CDs, vinyl, musical instruments)
- DVDs and Blu-rays
- Homewares (china, ornaments, pictures, collectables)
- Toys and games
- Stamps and coins
Sorry, we can't accept any of the the following items:
- Anything broken, dirty, unsafe, or with missing parts
- Electrical goods with a mains power supply (computers, TVs etc)
- White goods (washing machines, cookers, fridges etc)
- Large items of furniture
- Safety equipment or headgear (e.g. cycle helmets, motorcycle crash helmets, child car seats)
- Prams, pushchairs, buggies or high chairs
- Bedding or soft furnishings (pillows, quilts, cushions etc)
- Firearms or weapons
- Kitchen knives
- Real fur items
There are some other items that we cannot sell for safety or legal reasons. If in doubt, please call us before donating: 020 3457 7993.
Please don't leave donations outside the shop - sadly most donations will be tampered with or stolen if left outside overnight.
Our volunteers help us to sort, price and sell our stock, working alongside our shop staff, learners and support staff. If you are interested in joining our friendly team as a volunteer and would like to find out more, please call Shireen on 020 3457 7993, email: or call into one of the shops and speak to a member of the team.