Job: Charity Shop Manager
Location: Highgate, North London
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time
Basis: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week incuding weekend work
Salary: £22,707- 24,921 per annum
Position available: Immediately
Closing date: Tuesday 7th June 2016 at 5pm
Interviews: 13th June 2016
We are looking for a passionate, caring and creative individual who has management experience in charity retail to manage our new charity shop in Highgate, North London. The post will suit someone who enjoys a challenge and is able lead and inspire volunteers, including young people with learning difficulties, who will help to run the shop.
As a shop manager will generate income and maximise sales of donated and bought in stock. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the shop which includes sourcing, sorting, pricing and merchandising stock along with monitoring sales. You will manage a team of volunteers including young adults who have learning disabilities/ or difficulties on work experience placements.
This is an exciting opportunity to build good relationships with the local community and to support our young people which will benefit them with the skills to work within the retail industry.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Proven management and organisational skills.
· Experience or an interest in the charity retail sector and/or fashion retailing
· Experience of/or willingness to work to sales and profit targets.
· Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate both orally and in writing
· Maintain effective stock management and merchandising
· Ability to train develop and motivate volunteers and learners
To apply please send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification to email@example.com.
The attached application pack includes the full job description, person specification and FAQs.